Thursday, December 1, 2011
Friday, November 18, 2011
Monday, November 7, 2011
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
2. How does their habitat challenge their livelihood each day ? Everyday the ice starts to melt , more & more , so that means they have to find another cold spot . What water freezes they have to walk further to find food .
3. What types of adaptations do Penguins need in order to survive brutal writers & Predators ? Warmth , food & water. They have to avoid the predator . But most likely I don't think they can be avoided .
4. Why is there a period of time in which there is practically no sunlight ? How does it affect the climate ? Because it's mostly cold in Antarctica . Antarctica is not a sunlight state . Penguins are supposed to be in the cold .
* Why is it important that the ground be frozen solid during the months of breeding ? Wouldn't be able to keep babies warm . Wouldn't be able to get food for the babies .
* How could climate change impact the mating ritual of the Emperor Penguin ? It could affect it , because the penguin needs to be in the cold . When the ice starts to melt , they move to a different spot . And when they get cold , they huddle for warmth .
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Sports & racing : Racing .
I learned some math in the games I played . I played a game where you race , and while racing you have to hit the cars that are factors of a number . The game gives you a number and you have to find the factors of that number .
2.Name any game genres features that stood out to you either because the way they were interesting or because they could be improved ?
Action , Adventure , & Puzzles & Mazes . These stood out to me because of the way they looked . I liked these game genres . They were really fun & challenging .
Write down any questions you have about a game or genre choose .
Monday, October 24, 2011
2.Name any game features that stood out to you , either because they were interesting or because they could be improved . A game that could be improved is " B Cubed " . It can give like hints of what you have to do like it can have a button that says " hints " & when you click it , it can give you a hint of what to do . But you can only get a certain amount of hints . A game that I found interesting was " Crazy Taxi M2 " , Because well it's a racing game , you have to jump over the cars that are factors of a certain number . If you hit the wrong number you can't jump over the car , & you loose .
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
2. The Game That Taught Me Information About A New Or Existing Social Issue : Journey To Excess & Lead The Way .
3. The Game Or Games I Liked The Best : Lead The Way .
4. What Happens In The Game Or Games : The Human Has To Escape From Circle .
5. How You Play The Game Or Games : You Have To Lead The Human To The Way Out Of The Circle .
2. The Game That Taught Me Information About A New Or Existing Social Issue : Save The Animals .
3. The Game Or Games I Liked The Best : Phanton .
4. What Happens In The Game Or Games : You Have To Get The Ball In The Right Circle .
5. How You Play The Game Or Games : You Have To Get The Colored Ball In The Same Colored Circle .
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
2. The Game That Taught Me Information About A New Or Existing Social Issue : ? None .
3. The Game Or Games That I Liked The Best : Crazy Taxi & Photon Zone .
4. What Happens In The Game Or Games ? Racing .
5. How Do You Play The Game Or Games ? Crazy Taxi Is Just Racing . Photon Zone You Have To Win Race Before Time Ends .
Monday, October 10, 2011
2. The Game That Taught Me Information About A New Or Existing Social Issue :B Cubed
3. The Game Or Games I Liked The Best : Bloxors & B Cubed .
4. What Happens In The Game Or Games : You Have To Get On The Red Square & You Go To The Next Level .
5. How You Play The Game Or Games : You Have To Get On The Red Squares & You Win .
Monday, October 3, 2011
Game That Taught Me About A New Or Existing Social Issue : The Final Countdown .
Game I Liked Best : Trapcat .
What Happens In The Game : Thousands Of Federal Cats Are Cruising The Streets .
How Do You Play It : You Have To Click The Feral Felines As They Pop Up , And Earn Bonus Points For Catching Lost Dogs On The Loose . Dont Click The Random Objects Or You'll Loose Big-Time Points .
Friday, September 9, 2011
2. When Did You First Learn About The Attacks And Who Explained The Events To You ? I Heard About It From School , I Didn't Know Anything About 9-11 Until We Started Learning About It In School . My Teachers Explained The Event To Me .
3. What Kind Of Impact Did These Attacks Have On Your Life Or Your Parents Lives ? It Didn't Affect Me , But I Feel Bad For All The People That Were Inside The Towers , When It Happened , But Who Ever Made It Out , Got Lucky . Most People Did Not Make It Out Of The Building . Firefighters Tried To Save As Much As Possible , But Most Of The Firefighters Died .
4. What Was The Issue With This Game ? The Issue With This Game Is
5. How Do You Feel About It ?
6. What Is The Problem With Portraying On Such An Awful Violent Event Through A Video Game ?
7. How Can You Make Sure That Your Web Games Tell The Whole Story Or Teach A Lesson In A Horrible Way ?
Monday, August 29, 2011
2.Describe a single story you have heard told about your community. What is missing from that story? How could people learn more about that community? I've Heard That People Say Their Is Alot Of White People In The East Side , So I'm Guessing Lots Of People Think That Theirs Alot Of White People Here . People Can Learn More About The Community By Exploring The Places They Think Are Bad .
3.Describe a single story you have heard about another community. How did you learn that story? How could you find out more about that community? Lots Of People Say And I've Heard It , They Say That The West Side Has Alot Of White People , And That The People That Live In The East Side Have Way More Money Than Other People . They Can Learn More About The Community By Actually Coming And Exploring Around And They Will See That Not Everything Is True .
4.How could a game let players experience many stories about a place or community? They Could Play The Game Then , Maybe They Will Go To Where They Are Hearing The Stories And Learn That All Things Are Not True .
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
1. What Is A CyberBully? A cyberbully could be anyone,but it's a person who calls other people names and says mean things that hurts people's feelings,a person that bullies over the Internet.
2.What Are The Different Types Of CyberBullying? Gossip,Impersonate,Threatening.
3.What Should You Do If You Are Being CyberBullied? Always tell a trusted adult.
4.What Are Some Of The Reason That People CyberBully Others? Jealously,too feel powerful,or sometimes they do it because they want to feel power and also because they have been bullied.
We are learning about cyberbullying , and we watched this movie called '' CyberBully" . Its About This Girl named Taylor and her 2 Friends Named Samantha and Shaylynn . So Samantha and Shaylynn Had something called a Clicksters Page , its like Face book . Taylor wasn't to excited about having one , until the boy she liked Scott told her about it , so she went home and made an account so she could talk to him . So on her birthday her mother bought her a lab top and that's when she made the Clicksters page . He Sent her a friend request and she accepted it , the next day they started talking on Clicksters Chat , well its a page where lots of people can just talk to each other . So Taylor got online and started talking to people . And theres this girl named Lindsey and she bullies people . She Would Call Samantha And Taylor Names , and make fun of them , on the Internet and at school . Her Mom And dad are divorced because her dad cheated on her mom . Her Friends Samantha And Shaylynn helped her make the clicksters page . The Next Day When She Got Home She was eating , and her friend texted her and told her to look at her oage so she went and looked , Someone hacked her page and it was her brother but she didn't know until later , Every One Teased her about her status and they commented on it and said horrible things about her . Her mom Found out that it was her brother that changed her status . So he got grounded for 1 Month . But they ungrounded him so he could take care of Taylor . People were still teasing her , so her mom tried and tried and she did everything she could . But no one would help her . So Taylor tried to kill her self but before that she put a video on clicksters saying that she was going to kill herself .. Her friend Samantha saw the video , and she rushed to the house and on the way she called Taylor's mom . So The Ambulance Came and took Taylor to the hospital . She had to stay overnight . The Doctor said its best for Taylor to go to a class to say and listen to what happened to other people and to them selves . So she went and later she found out that this James guy sent her a request on Clicksters and it turns out he was a fake , and her Bestfriend is the one that created the page . So Samantha told Taylor that she made the James page . So Finally They Did Something about it , and they helped her . So they forgave each other . And Went to school again , and Everyone Stood up too Lindsey , The Bully . And Everything was Normal Again .
Monday, May 23, 2011
2.What is the name of your game?The Wonder Pets.
3.What is it about?Our game is about saving the rest of the animals from Global Warming.
4.What scenes have you completed?We have completed scenes One,Two,and Three.
5.What parts of your team page are completed?We have completed everything except our Final Playable Gameplay and our Research Resources.
6.How much more work do you need to complete?We just need to complete our Final Playable Gameplay,and the Research Resources.
7.What can you do from now until Friday to get everything completed?
What grade would you give yourself in Globaloria overall? We can work more,like since were a team we have to work like an actual team,like we all have different things to do,like each one of us have a level or something to do on the team page.Honestly I would give myself well,on a scale from 1-10 I would give myself a 5 maybe.
8.What are all of the things you have learned this year?I have learned how to draw in Flash,like well mostly animate things like make them move,and like make things.It's been really fun.I know how to do it,but it's kind of hard a little,because,well we really haven't done anything in Flash for a while so I think I might have forgot.
9.What are you proud of in Globaloria?I am proud of that well that we worked in Flash.Because well I don't really know how to work in Flash that good,But at the same time I do know how to draw and kind of animate the drawings.
10.How can you improve next year?I think I can improve by well maybe the teacher showing me how to work more in Flash,or if someone actually sat down with me and actually showed me how to do something.I learn better when you tell me alone,like by myself,but if you tell me out loud or from far away,I will not learn it,or in other words understand how to do it.So I would improve more if someone sat with me and actually showed me how to work in Flash,Well it doesn't have to be Flash,It can be anything.But the only way for me to understand if for someone to tell me and actually explain it.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Why do you think these games are so popular?I think that the games are so popular because people like action,especially gun games.
Do they make you feel like you are fighting evil doers, or are they just fun to play?The games are just fun to play but they are kind of realistic so I think it can make you feel like you are in a real game.
Which games do you enjoy in particular and why?I don't like any games,I'm really not a big fan of them.I'm just not into stuff like that,but I think they are pretty cool.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Monday, March 28, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
The word teamwork to me means that you and a group are or were working together and yall didn't fight over anything,and that yall worked together on everything.
How do you see these students trying to work together?
I see that they work together by dancing with each other and not arguing with each other about who they want to dance with.I think they are trying to be like adults,like they don't argue about anything they just dance.
How important was teamwork for these students?
It was very important,because they had to learn how to dance with each other without arguing about who they want to dance with or where they want to be,or what they want to dance to.
What do you think is the main message that these students should take away from this experience? I think the main message is that they have to learn how to dance with each other like they need to learn how to do what an adult tells them what to do.
How will you work together with your teammates in Globaloria?
I will work with them,by helping someone if they need help,or if I need help I think they will be nice enough to help me.But that's what I think.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
The game Super Chick Sisters McDonalds is kind of hard,but not really.All you have to do is save the chickens but if you don't save them McDonalds tries to take them to cook them.It's pretty fun,but kind of hard.I like the game though,it's really fun.
The game Super Chick Sisters KFC is kind of hard,it's harder than the McDonalds one.It was really fun though.I like the game.You have to get all the flies to win the game.It's pretty fun.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
At the beginning of the movie, Jimmy is walking down the highway. Where is he going? He is going to California.
What is the problem that the little boy, Jimmy, has? His twin sister died.
Jimmy likes to stack and build things. How does this relate to video games? It relates in a way because like Jimmy does it so it can help him whenever he's playing the game.Like how the game has the walls made out of bricks,or balls,or gingerbread's it can be anything,but he does it so it can help him.
Playing video games seems to help Jimmy feel better. Why do you think this is? I think because it helps him forget a little about his twin sister Jennifer and maybe he feels free whenever he's playing video games.
What makes him such an awesome video game player? I think it's when he stacks things and I think that's what makes him a good player.
What kinds of games do you see being played? Have you ever played any games like this before? I've seen mostly Mario Bro's being played.I've never played any games that way.
How many different game systems do you see in the film? I see six different game systems.
What did you think about the Power Glove? I think the power glove is pretty cool.But i'm not really that into games so I really don't like it,
Monday, January 24, 2011
I think the game is awesome.You can put what you want to happen next,so you can do whatever you want to do.I think that is really cool.I think we should put something like that in our globaloria games.I think it will help people more,because it's easier to play.Well maybe it looks easy but it may be hard.I think it was entertaining.I would like to play the game.